Snow Day!

This morning I fed the horses. First, I put on my Carhartt bibs, jacket, and warm rubber boots. Next, I called Remi, our yellow lab puppy, to come with me. As Remi and I made our way out to the horse barn, Remi got the puppy zooms in the snow! After we got to the horse barn I measured out the horse feed and put it in the horse’s buckets. While I waited for the horses to finish their feed Remi and I went to get some hay. We got some hay and took it out to the pasture. Meanwhile, Remi decided she should plop down right on top of the hay pile! Next, I let the horses outside. However, I had to hold Remi so she wouldn’t chase the horses!

Next, comes the fun part where I have to scoop the piles of poop. To pass the time, Remi was climbing up the sawdust pile. After I had scooped up all the poop, I swept the sawdust back to the middle of the stall. At the same time, Remi was trying to eat the broom as I swept. Eventually, I finished sweeping. It was now time to take the poop outside. As I wheeled the wheelbarrow out to the poop pile Remi kept getting in the way. Finally, I dumped out the poop onto the massive pile. Afterward, I realized Remi was dirty. To fix this I sat down with her in the snow and rubbed snow all over her. The result of doing this was an extremely soft puppy. Altogether, Remi and I had a blast feeding the horses. I cannot wait to finish school and go play in the snow more! I got this picture of the snowflake from Photos For Class.